Director, Sustainable Impact - APAC
The HBAR Foundation is looking for a Director, Sustainable Impact - APAC to lead engagement with NGOs, governments, and sustainability ecosystem members. This member of the team should have a strong background in both Sustainability and Technology, preferably in Climate Tech as well as be familiar with Climate related topics such as the Paris Agreement and Glasgow Climate Accord. This role will entail the following activities:
- Define and prioritize the partnerships that benefit the HBAR Foundation Sustainable Impact Fund in the Asia-Pacific region
- Evaluate partnerships and assist community members in grant applications to the Foundation Sustainable Impact Fund
- Educate NGO and Government communities about the Hedera ecosystem and its work in sustainability at a technical and business level.
- Work collaboratively with partners within the region and lend expertise to members of the team in cross-disciplinary multi-geography partnerships Act as the public face of the HBAR Foundation SIF with the region Attend events on behalf of the organization within the region
- Develop a deep understanding of the relationship between real world-activities, on-ledger events, and business outcomes (ie. capturing carbon, tokenizing it, selling/retiring offsets).
- Establish new forms of commerce (including DeFi for carbon markets) within emerging economies
- 3-5 years of experience in sustainability and working with climate change focused technology, working on projects related to digital MRVs is a plus An ability to evaluate investment opportunities at a technical and business level with a focus on objectively measurable results
- Comfort speaking, tweeting, writing, and teaching complex technical topics A strong understanding of DLT/Blockchain
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to identify, pursue and close commercially complex partnerships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English as well as Chinese or Korean
- Experience in driving alignment from key internal stakeholders to support strategic decisions
- Ability to present and speak in public to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A strong background in Economics, Sustainability, and Technology Experience in building blockchain/open-source developer ecosystems
- A strong understanding of ETS schemes